Requested by Piers G.
This drive-in cinema originally opened in 1956 as an independent venue but was purchased by Hoyts and Village in the 1960s. The Toorak was notable for showing two sessions nightly. Once attendance started to decline, the land was sold to Coles-Myer. Coles Head Office and Tooronga Village now occupy the site. The painting is based on an uncredited photograph.