Feberow Park, Lipce, Poland
Date of destruction unknown
It means a lot to us. Park Ferberów Facebook Community.
Park Ferberów is a historic park in Gdańsk, located in Lipce, near the Ferber Court on the escarpment of the plateau on the western side of the Radunia Canal. The Park was founded in 1597 by Constantine III Ferber of the Ferber family, to which a large part of Lipiec belonged. The park used to be the site of the Three Pig Heads (Drei Schweinskopfe) inn, whose complex included an orchestra podium and a wooden observation tower at the the top of the hill. After 1945, the park was increasingly neglected, although parties and concerts were still held there in the 1960s. Currently, Kindergarten No. 24 occupies the former site of the restaurant. The park is gradually being revitalized. It was entered into the register of monuments in 1984 and on February 27, 2020, “Park Ferberów” was officially returned to the list of city parks by the City Council of Gdańsk. The painting is based on a old uncredited postcard.