Höhenkurort Bad Fusch was a spa located in the town of Fusch in the Hohen Tauern mountain range. The spring waters had been famous locally for their healing properties since the 15th century and became increasingly well known in the 18th century. The spa flourished in the 19th century due to the patronage of the Archbishop Friederich VI FürstSchwarzenberg who visited regularly between 1829 and 1843 and after whom the largest spring (“Fürstenquelle”) was subsequently named. By the end of the 19th Century, the springs regularly attracted over 500 guests from Austria and abroad each summer and the location became a favorite spot for painters as well as alpinists. In 1893, the Badestrasse (Bath Street) was expanded to include a swimming pool, a bowling alley and tennis courts and the two hotel were extensively renovated. After World War I, competition from better-known and more easily accessible spa towns led to a steep decline in Bad Fusch’s popularity and the closure of most of the facilities. Attempts to revitalize the spa after World War II failed due to lack of funds and mismanagement. Only three of the eleven original springs are currently flowing. The water contains very few minerals but a lot of carbon dioxide and is apparently very effective again nervous complaints. The Badestrasse, which had been closed due to the danger of rock falls, has been open to the public since 2008 and in 2010, a Kneippanlage (Kneipp hydrotherapy facility) was opened to allow visitor to experience the healing quality of the waters. The painting is based on an uncredited photograph from 1890 found on the Salzberg Wiki.
The mountain resort of Bad Fusch in Salzburg Pinzgau, Austria. This place is at 1188 m and was known as a health resort for centuries. This place reached its peak of fame in the second half of the 19th century. Now everything has fallen into disrepair there, only the healing springs are still there. Es handelt sich um den Höhenkurort Bad Fusch im Salzburger Pinzgau, Österreich. Dieser Ort liegt auf 1188 m und war schon vor Jahrhunderten als Kurort bekannt. Den Höhepunkt der Bekanntheit erreichte dieser Ort in der 2. Hälfte des 19. Jahrhunderts. Nun ist dort alles verfallen, nur die Heilquellen sind noch vorhanden. Brigitte L